Voodoo "BOB" install on Blur 220-but rear LED sign

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Blurry B-Dog

Voodoo "BOB" install on Blur 220-but rear LED sign

Post by Blurry B-Dog »

Hello fellow Bluristas! Yesterday I finally got LED lights that would fit inside of the DOT turn signals and dead lights. Since the only video out there was done on a Buddy, I worked off of that. I installed the Voodoo "BOB" wiring and a new LED-compatible flasher relay. I didn't make a video of the crazy $#!T that I did, and you can thank me for that....

I removed the front cover (the black triangle), which was easy. I couldn't see the wiring stuff very well, though, so I ended up removing essentially 16 or so more screws and freeing up most of the front bodywork, which was not as easy. I don't know if it was necessary to do that in retrospect, but it was definitely NOT a 10-15 minute job, like it would be on a Buddy, per the video and other postings. I did get it done, however, and everything worked beautifully, and nothing fell off when I test rode my Blur after I was done! So I'm pleased about that!

However, I also wanted to change out the REAR turn signal bulbs and make them LED as well. Being a noob, I have no idea how to do this. I can't find a video, I didn't see it in the Blur service manual (which I have downloaded onto my phone, thanks chickdr!), and after unscrewing a ton of stuff at the rear of the scooter, I still couldn't figure it out. So the filament bulbs are still in the back end of the scooter. Have any of y'all switched those out? Can you give me some guidance? Or am I just going to have my dealership do the swap for me at my next service? :P

I'm up to 120 miles on my Blur, and I love riding it. I've gotten the windshield, rear rack and low seat installed, and a K-max 30L top case installed as well. Fun scooter, but since I can't really romp on the throttle yet, my wife's Vespa GTS250ie absolutely slays it off the line. And it probably always will, which is fine by me. I've always been a handling over horsepower guy, anyway!
Sincerely,
Blurry B-Dog
2013 Blur SS220i, 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
Maryland Heights, Missouri
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

The rear bulbs are pretty easy to do. I have an LED brake light bulb in mine and used chrome amber bulbs for the signals to make them less obviously orange(I removed the orange lens inserts). I would love LED's back there, but have not done the relay. Which one did you use?

To get to the lights you need to take out the 2 screws on the underside of the rear fairings(one of each side) and then the screws that hold the clear lens itself(one on each side of the bottom corners of the lens). All four screws are in close proximity to each other. The fairing screws do not hold the lens, but you need the clearance to allow it to be wiggled in/out without binding. It takes some force to get it to slide out(directly backwards). You then have access to all three bulbs. When you get it done please post a video of the LED's in action.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Did you ever get the LEDs done in the tail?