roughhouse rear blinker light

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

roughhouse rear blinker light

Post by KooK »

I laid my scooter down a few weeks ago, and it tore off the rear blinker. well, I was like, since i have an LED relay, lets put LED blinkers on instead of the OE ones. so I ordered the LED blinkers off the Roughhouse titanium. well, IT IS NOT A DIRECT REPLACEMENT. the wiring is the same, but the mounting is a little different. it will not mount up in the stock locations due to bolt size and base configuration.

I had to drill out the hole for the mounting bolt just a bit, and bolt that up to the mounting bar.

BUT, i has to lower the license plate mounting location. i drilled holes in the plastic piece and bolted it to there. this way there was no interference with the long mounting bolt or the wiring that went through the bolt.

the mounting base for the OE piece was a block type, and the titanium is just a round base with a tab. needless to say, i just tightened it down snug, so the tab just bunched up. but it will do. not the prettiest, or ideal, but it works, and only close inspection will any notice be seen.

just know this before blindly ordering like I did.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Thanks for the info . . .