Quick question on R50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

koreanjameslee

Quick question on R50

Post by koreanjameslee »

Quick question on Roughhouse 50..

I just got the 2016 R50 from a Genuine dealer.

After filling up the tank and starting the engine full tank, I got the fuel light comes on on the right side of the fuel gauge in red. Is this the empty tank indicator or just lighting up for night time?

Also, when I throttle between about 1/4 to 1/2, it kinda bogs and then at some higher rpm, it just takes off quickly. What I mean by this is that as I gradually throttle, the acceleration is not even and just shoots off at certain rpm. Is this normal ??
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Isn't that the oil light that means you are low on oil?
koreanjameslee

Post by koreanjameslee »

scootERIK wrote:Isn't that the oil light that means you are low on oil?
That's what I thought it would be the common mechanism. But mine is lit up red when it was full tank..
KooK

Post by KooK »

no, the gas light stays on all the time. I asked the same question 1 1/2 years ago when I got my RH.

as for the bogging, well, I kinda had the same issue. it was pretty random. sometimes, it just didn't want to go, and sometimes it went like a rocket(relative, 50cc and all) i don't have an answer. i bought a Hoca Variator a few weeks ago to see if it helps, well it did and it didn't. the weights are to heavy, so that has to be remedied, but it is now consistent. best i can say. let it break in a little more to see what happens. and enjoy the RH. it is a fun little scooter. Just watch out for potholes.
koreanjameslee

Post by koreanjameslee »

KooK wrote:no, the gas light stays on all the time. I asked the same question 1 1/2 years ago when I got my RH.

as for the bogging, well, I kinda had the same issue. it was pretty random. sometimes, it just didn't want to go, and sometimes it went like a rocket(relative, 50cc and all) i don't have an answer. i bought a Hoca Variator a few weeks ago to see if it helps, well it did and it didn't. the weights are to heavy, so that has to be remedied, but it is now consistent. best i can say. let it break in a little more to see what happens. and enjoy the RH. it is a fun little scooter. Just watch out for potholes.
Oh that's weird gas light. But ok. Thank you for your reply. I'll let it break in a bit and see what happens since I'm going to do stage 1 after the break in period.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Ya the throttle isn't very linear. I've had no problems regulating it tho... I just twist the throttle and go. That RH is so much fun. Congrats on your purchase.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
KooK

Post by KooK »

RoaringTodd wrote:Ya the throttle isn't very linear. I've had no problems regulating it tho... I just twist the throttle and go. That RH is so much fun. Congrats on your purchase.
That's a good way of putting it. Sometimes it on! Sometimes ,not so much...