Buck ten choke?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

starrcycle

Buck ten choke?

Post by starrcycle »

We have a buck ten in the shop here that won't run properly below 50 degrees. I talked to tech, and the said it was the thermoswitch on the autochoke. We unplug it after we get it started and it runs great; we plug it in and it turns the choke on and it kills. What say you?
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

here's how my reasoning would go if I were in your shoes: knowing that many things do not necessarily work all the time, and knowing the scoot runs well without it, and knowing it does not run well with it, hey, my conclusion is obvious: i don't need it in my scoot :idea:
over the many years since WW1, a lot of stuff were continuously added on to a lot of things we use. many reasons for that happening. most times, its for marketing, EP (enviro protectn) and to make more bucks off of us. :evil:
so instead of manual choke, we got auto choke. stead of manual trannys, we get automatics. stead of carbs, fuel injection.. etc.
what am i saying? return to the 1st pharagraph, 7 last words :)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

SOunds like a good excuse to use the warranty to put a new part on. Or to put a whole new larger carb :shock:
starrcycle

Post by starrcycle »

No new carb available that would be a straight bolt on. This machine has the new prima pipe on it and since the choke was electrical, we were thinking about installing a toggle switch to make the choke work manually. We now just got a piped buddy 50 in doing the same thing. Modifying the machine voids the warranty so were on our own here.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

themotorcycleshop@satx.rr.com

Email Jason here. He's in TX and owns a bike shop. I don't want to mis-quote him so just read.

Hey guys, sorry that it has been a while, but I have now installed a
19mm carb, a Prima exhaust and changed the weights out. I also
installed some taller/ straighter handle bars which helped out if you
are tall. Top speed is about 60-65mph but it also won't keep the
wheel down on take off. So it makes it a lot of fun at traffic lights
when you take off with cars and other bikes. Low end and mid range is
a lot better, I still need to work on the top end. I want to try to
get higher top speeds.
Jason

He could probably give you some insight on what kind of project a new carb is.