Saw an orange Buddy at lunch!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

avidgirl

Saw an orange Buddy at lunch!

Post by avidgirl »

I work at Columbus Circle in NYC and walked to the post office on 60th during my lunch break. Perked up (its rainy here today) when I spotted an orange buddy parked on the sidewalk. Its the first one I've seen outside of my local scooter shop.

Now I'm second guessing picking the creme color. The orange Buddy looked great!
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Random question: Based on your name, I'm assuming you're an editor? Short or long-form?
Huh? What just happened?
avidgirl

Post by avidgirl »

Mostly long form.
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Word! I'm the production manager at a production/post house... Most of our stuff is short form.

If you're interested in checking out some work: http://www.light-borne.com
Huh? What just happened?
BoneGirl

orange vs creme

Post by BoneGirl »

I would have had a hard time choosing between the creme and the pink. Luckily the creme wasn't in yet. I never thought about the option of switching the seats out when we bought the Buddies but I have to tell you the brown seat on the orange gets REALLY hot in the sun. Of course the white is great and the black is made from a different material than the white to help keep it cool. But if you get a chance to touch one of those seats after sitting in the sun you will be amazed at how darn hot it is!
avidgirl

Post by avidgirl »

Nice site! If I move to Cinncinati maybe you can hook me up with an interview! :) (if I promise to ride my Buddy to work everyday.)
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
Sudsie

temperatue of the seats

Post by Sudsie »

avidgirl wrote:Nice site! If I move to Cinncinati maybe you can hook me up with an interview! :) (if I promise to ride my Buddy to work everyday.)
Howdy,
Just joined tonight. Still decinging which Buddy I will be buying when I complete my MSF course this weekend. Since the brown seat gets that hot, does the Black one get hot at all? I take it, the white seat doesn't hold a temperature at all? Do you have a hard time keeping it clean/white?
BoneGirl

Black vs white seats

Post by BoneGirl »

The black seat is a different material and it seems to do a pretty decent job at not being so terribly hot. I use a generic all purpose auto cleaner (for vinyl, etc) to clean my white seat, mostly to remove obvious dirt. Then if it feels slippery at all, I just wash with some soap and water since the entire Buddy is pretty much soap/water washable.
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

I was in Cincinnati on business yesterday and saw an Orange Buddy on the road (can't remember the name of the street) a couple of blocks East of 71. It was late morning, between 10:30 and 11. Anyone here?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

mlstephens wrote:I was in Cincinnati on business yesterday and saw an Orange Buddy on the road (can't remember the name of the street) a couple of blocks East of 71. It was late morning, between 10:30 and 11. Anyone here?
Metro Scooter (the Genuine dealer) is a few blocks away from I-71 just north of downtown.

Cincinnati seems to be going Buddy crazy. We had 7 Buddys show up for the weekly Wednesday night club ride this week.

So to answer your question, not me.
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

It might have been me. I took a trip to Metro Scooter at lunchtime.
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

The brown seat does get hot but I’ll get a cover as soon as they are available…problem solved.
The upside of the cream color is easier decal or paint job matching for customizing on a neutral cream color. Sort of wish that was an option when I bought orange. Aside from that, nothing rhymes w/orange.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

nothing rhymes w/orange
But Fun Jet rhymes with Sunset.

Is there a big market for seat covers?
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.