my new roughhouse mod

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jaybro

my new roughhouse mod

Post by jaybro »

any one use this exact setup? I ordered it so I hope its worth it.http://www.scooterworks.com/ncy--super-trans-kit-
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I personally have just pieced my trans kit together after extensive research, but you do get all the parts with that particular kit. But you may not be happy with the weight of the rollers. From personal experience, the 9 gram weights I installed just bogged down my setup and I replaced them with 6 gram rollers. Improved the acceleration and the top end.
For the RH50 its been the concensus that 6 - 6.5 gram weights are the way to go.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ya, I've been thinking that those rollers are to heavy. I will go with 6.5s if the kits 9s don't work well. thanks for your input.
jaybro

Post by jaybro »

just ordered a roller tuning set
jaybro

Post by jaybro »

agrogod wrote:I personally have just pieced my trans kit together after extensive research, but you do get all the parts with that particular kit. But you may not be happy with the weight of the rollers. From personal experience, the 9 gram weights I installed just bogged down my setup and I replaced them with 6 gram rollers. Improved the acceleration and the top end.
For the RH50 its been the concensus that 6 - 6.5 gram weights are the way to go.
Did your set up noticeably change the feel of your roughhouse?
jaybro

Post by jaybro »

just installed the kit and has very nice take off and mid. very peppy. like it. I will gps the top speed soon. I was at 47mph.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

jaybro wrote:
agrogod wrote:I personally have just pieced my trans kit together after extensive research, but you do get all the parts with that particular kit. But you may not be happy with the weight of the rollers. From personal experience, the 9 gram weights I installed just bogged down my setup and I replaced them with 6 gram rollers. Improved the acceleration and the top end.
Did your set up noticeably change the feel of your roughhouse?
With what I did, yes, there was a noticeable difference. Your 47 indicated can be better. Most RH riders have 'buried' their speedo's after getting the rollers tuned.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I bury the speedo all the time, but its not accurate. 47 is gps when the speedo is pegged past 50.
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

I have the NCY super transmission kit installed in my 2014 Roughhouse and I absolutely love it! NCY really has the transmission components well thought out and very smooth. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it works wonderfully. It seems that basically everyone that has tried the NCY kit has found it to be a great upgrade to the stock setup. Give it a try and I'm sure you'll like it. Just come and ride mine to test it out. You'll leave here to go home and order it.
DieselRH50

Post by DieselRH50 »

I'm looking for one of these kits for my 2016 rough house sport but I see different ones for qmb139 or gy50 and gy6 witch one is for the rough house 50?
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

https://www.scooterworks.com/NCY-Super- ... RoughHouse

This one specifically states it works on the Buddy 50 and Roughhouse 50 with the caveat that you have to reuse the OEM drive face rather than the one provided with the kit.