Thinking of selling my 2015 Hooligan. Price ideas?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

daxvasiliou

Thinking of selling my 2015 Hooligan. Price ideas?

Post by daxvasiliou »

I am thinking about selling my Hooligan. Matte black with 1700 miles on it. Any thoughts on what I should ask would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Perfect retail is $2800, so in this market expect a few hundred less than that if someone can pony up that much cash.
skipper20

Re: Thinking of selling my 2015 Hooligan. Price ideas?

Post by skipper20 »

daxvasiliou wrote:I am thinking about selling my Hooligan. Matte black with 1700 miles on it. Any thoughts on what I should ask would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you bought it new it was probably around $4000 OTD so your bottom line should be no less than $2500. As such, I would suggest an asking price of $2750. Good luck!

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
'15 170i Hooligan Titanium (AZ scoot)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Care to share why your selling?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

Syd wrote:Care to share why your selling?
Good question. I'm curious too. The Hooligan is the best scooter I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them.

Bill in Seattle
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Guess he's not telling. I'd like to know too! It's on my radar for next year.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

I bought a slightly used Hooligan with 509 miles on it yesterday for $1500 including a replacement trim panel for a damaged part, a cable lock, and an alarmed brake lock. It has some minor abrasions on several body panels that I believe I can lightly sand out and repaint. Since it wouldn't fit on my hitch cargo carrier (the wheelbase was slightly to long), I had to ride it back from Austin to College Station, TX (darn the bad luck! :lol:). I bought it to fix up and resell but it was really fun to ride and I might have a hard time letting go of it.

As for the idea in a few other threads that Hooligans have overheating issues, I was WOT for more than 100 miles with no issues. The temps started in the mid to high 90's and ended up in the mid 80's.
Camperdog

Post by Camperdog »

My 2014 was purchased new in 2015 for $2900 OTD ( the PO left the paper work with the bike). I purchased it from him for $1800 with 1988 miles. If I pushed I think I could have done a little better. The selling dealer tried to add scooters to his primary line of business and didn't do too well.

I think you could get more if you have a solid dealer close to you. Genuine still suffers from being "invisible" to the general population. If you live in a strong scooter area you will be able to do better.