Roughhouse Riding Season(s) and Air Cleaner Issues

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Roughhouse Riding Season(s) and Air Cleaner Issues

Post by R50Rider »

So I figured I'd post something. . .haven't seen too much activity here lately. My cat is challenging me for my keyboard. He must find it amusing.

About two weeks ago I pulled the air cleaner cover on my Roughhouse and found that there was indeed some fuel residue in there. It seemed to get absorbed somewhat into the cover gaskets (a somewhat spongy material) so I squeezed them out and let them dry. It was a little tricky (and you wouldn't thinkit would be) getting them back into the grooves and reinstalling the filter. The filter was actually clean after 3400 miles so I can't complain. I attribute the fuel weeping to a time recently when I was trying to maintain WOT but the engine wasn't willing (due to some kind of issue). That being said the scooter has been running pretty well moving forward and I haven't seen any indication of fuel anywhere. I did notice some fuel spots previously when I'd put the side stand down to start it up but it was only a few times and I think it was due to some build up under the cover that the gasket couldn't absorb. That's about it. . .I still ride it every day and will continue through the winter as I did last year. It is a 2015 model so it's still got a long way to go before the belt gets replaced.

Happy riding to one and all! Later. . . :helmet:
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I've had problems with fuel flooding the carb and going back to the air filter when trailering. I had the same problem with the gasket, they sure are flinchy to keep in place. My dealer ordered new ones and I need to go get them.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.