Givi top box

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

Givi top box

Post by Drum Pro »

Has anyone else have a lock on a Givi fail? Mine will no longer open up. 7 years is pretty good use of it though....
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Mine is 10 yrs old and still working fine...as for the smell of the inside....
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

The latch on my Givi trunk gave up the ghost earlier this year - I've been going trunkless while I enjoy my nerdy experiment of having a ham radio antenna attached to my rear rack. :)

Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Managed to bend the red plastic bit that is in front of the lock so now the key will fit again. Bit of wiggling and I bet I can get it to open again...
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

craftynerd wrote:The latch on my Givi trunk gave up the ghost earlier this year - I've been going trunkless while I enjoy my nerdy experiment of having a ham radio antenna attached to my rear rack. :)

Thank you for the memory! I had some friends who were CB users, back when i lived in NH. One of them (Dan, if you're out there, hi!) used to like to play "tag" by using a SWR meter to find the rest of us. I decided to be a funny guy and mount my rig on my '85 Puch Maxi. He had the hardest time finding me, since I could take that little Puch to places his truck couldn't hope to go. :wink:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
jd

Post by jd »

FYI, you can purchase a new lock set for your Givi case. I did so when I was unable to purchase a second key for an obsolete model, but definitely needed two copies of the key. So I replaced the lock with a new one from Givi, which came with two keys.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.