Rat Rod Build

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

phunksoulbrotha

Rat Rod Build

Post by phunksoulbrotha »

I wanted to put a thread up consisting of my current mods and possible additions for the future. It may also serve as a general Q & A for anyone that wishes to know how I did anything (although most of it is fairly well documented either here or on the LMLOCGB forum).

I got this bike last summer with 700 miles on it and it had been garaged the rest of the time. It is my daily driver and now has 3000 on her after a year in my hands. It is my first scooter I've owned and has been a blast to mod and even more fun to cruise around on. She's a sleeper and catches most people off guard. Even my Harley buddies are blown away at how capable and torquey this little 4T 150 is.

Current list of mods:
De-badged
Disabled blinker noise
LED Tail light, Brake light, Turn signals and Solid state relay to keep flashing at a normal rate.
PIAA H4 Headlight bulb
Continental Whitewalls 3.50x10 (need to pick up a 3rd for the spare)
Prima Front Rack
Removed stock mirrors and mounted retro Motorcycle mirror to Prima Rack
TSR Zero Cafe Racer Seat (a good deal of grinding and cutting to get it to fit)
Lambretta Series 3 S-Type Sprint Rack (custom fit to seat)
Brisk High Performance Motor Cycle Spark Plug
Tasso High Power Coil
Airbox chop/K&N pod filter install
Polini 22mm Carb Kit install
Tasso RIP Race Exhaust V3 (Left Side)

Future mods:
Stebel Nautilus mounted under rear cowl where airbox was.
Paint (Dark Grey Body, Red Wheels, Chrome Accents)
Malossi Big Bore Kit (still undecided)
Drop bars from SIP
Touring Rack addition piece for Sprint Rack
Fuel Canister(s) with Leather Holster (still working up mounting ideas)

A big shout out to many of the members here that added photos and write-ups for some of these mods. I know next to nothing about engines (or didn't when I started) and this has all been a learning experience. Thank you.
Attachments
rsz_img_2091.jpg
rsz_img_2091.jpg (112.02 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
rsz_img_2102.jpg
rsz_img_2102.jpg (139.26 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
rsz_img_2087.jpg
rsz_img_2087.jpg (182.74 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
rsz_img_2086.jpg
rsz_img_2086.jpg (164.13 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Man that looks spiffy!

How is your gas mileage?

I hope to one day upgrade my Stella 4t with Sidecar so it can pull the hack a lil better.
phunksoulbrotha

Post by phunksoulbrotha »

Thanks! I seriously love this little bike.

Truthfully, not to certain about the gas mileage as it's never been a concern with it costing less than $2 to fill. I live close enough to work I can walk if something goes wrong with the bike so I really just use it to get around town and for cruising. I did notice I burned a little more than usual to complete my ride from the other day but not sure how much more. I'll try to figure it out with my next tanks and watch it a little closer. It will be a slightly unfair comparison as well, as I am far more throttle happy now because of the sound coming from the exhaust.

If you need a little more umph to pull the hack you should definitely look into doing the airbox chop/pod filter install, carb upgrade and pipe replacement. They really have turned this thing into a little beast as far as pulling power goes. I will also add that before I did those 3 mods, all I had done with the engine was replace the spark plug and add the high power coil and both of those gave me noticeable power gains as well. I don't have any numbers to speak of as far as mechanical read-outs, just the changes I've noticed in driving temperament.

***Oh, and the stickers of course. Everybody knows that stickers add an extra couple HP and MPG to your ride.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Nice looking scooter and great mods.
Thanks for.documenting your efforts and sharing with the group! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
matap

Post by matap »

Love it. Looks good. love the placement of the mirror. The one thing I don't like about these Stella's is those huge lollipop mirrors but even that isn't enough to turn me away.
2012 Stella 4T