stock RH tires

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

stock RH tires

Post by KooK »

how long do the stock tires last on the rh. and what are the characteristics of them going bad? mine is starting to drive like the tire is unbalanced. it is hard to tell as the roads here are so bad, but on the few good sections i ride on, it seems wobbly. i have 3200 miles on the RH right now and am taking it in for a little maintenance that i am too lazy to do.
I looked for info, but couldn't really find anything definitive about stock tires.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

5,000 or so for the rear, double that for the front. Visually look at the tread. do you see bare rubber down the center of the rear tire? Is there any strange wear pattern, cupping etc... on the front. Look closely at the sidewalls, any bulges or cracking? Be sure to check your pressure regularly. They can be 12 lbs low and still look fine.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

The "feel" test for pressure is generally not accurate either. Always use a tire pressure when checking your tires.
KooK

Post by KooK »

I check my tires regularly enough, they hold pressure really well as I rarely have to add air. I stopped by my local shop and will have it looked at. I might have bent the fork or something when I hit that pot hole in May.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

KooK wrote:I check my tires regularly enough, they hold pressure really well as I rarely have to add air. I stopped by my local shop and will have it looked at. I might have bent the fork or something when I hit that pot hole in May.
Where do you take your scoot for service in NOLA? Avenue Scooters or FX? Just curious, since both are great options with good folks.
KooK

Post by KooK »

Avenue. Gotta find the time now that the weather is gorgeous!!