Any kymco xcting 500 owners on here?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

Any kymco xcting 500 owners on here?

Post by ggs34 »

i am looking at a kymco xcting 500 want to know how fast it was 0 to 60?
hows the ride on rough city streets?
any problems with yours?
is is fast?
how do you like it for a all around scooter?
Storage any good?
i have a forzea and it is ok scooter but the ride is disappointing on rough streets. And very heavy and under powered for it size in my view
and the storage is disappointing
thanks for reading
thumper650

Post by thumper650 »

Try kymcoforums, they've got model specific boards over there. I have a kymco agility 50 and it's one kick ass scooter, so I'd have to think kymcos are as good.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I got one (a lemon buyback) in the shop. It's awful. This one in particular is the sport model with stiffer suspension that rides like garbage. My 250cc is quicker than that 500cc and cruises MUCH better on the highway.

For how heavy the 500 is, it should ride like a Cadillac on the highway right? Nope. The frame feels like a wet noodle.

The only good large scooter that Kymco has in the US is the People 300. Love that scoot.
ggs34

xcting 500

Post by ggs34 »

what year was the lemon and kymco has not made a 250 in a long time
any brand you can get a lemon
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Dasscooter works in a scooter sales, rental, and service shop so he sees lots of different bikes and has exposure to lots of different scooterists (and their feedback). It doesn't mean he is right in his observation but definitely he has a wide depth of experience.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I know a local guy who had a 500. He traded it after a couple of years on a stella auto. From watching craigslist they seem to change hands a a lot. The local dealer seems to have replaced a fair few clutches because of noisy bearings on the larger kymcos. Kymco has good warranty support.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.