LED headlights and the roughhouse fail

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

LED headlights and the roughhouse fail

Post by KooK »

I ordered an LED headlight off amazon because it was cheap, and i definitely need better lighting since i drive a lot at night. I bought this one off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011N ... UTF8&psc=1
well, after messing with it for about an hour to get it to fit, cutting the rubber boot, mangling the wire hold down. i put it back on the scooter, only to find out that the back fan section was hitting the bolt/ horn mount tab. it was about 1/4 to 1/2 inches too big. if you look closely before you take the front panel off, you can see the OE bulb is very close to touching it too. there is not much room at all for anything else back there. I will still look for an alternative, but it will have to be maybe the kind with the braided wire behind it? i don't know yet, but be careful if you are looking to do this as behind the light there is very little wiggle room.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Thanks for the info. . .I'm still using my stock bulb. Every once in a while I put the high beam on just to see the cat face light up on the road. :wha: :helmet:
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

A bit more expensive but a direct replacement for the stock bulb

https://www.amazon.com/PIAA-70473-Super ... B001AHZBZ6
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
KooK

Post by KooK »

Thanks, but I already have that bulb in there. I just need more light.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

PIAA HS1 halogen replacement. BEST bulb I have found.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?