need new front fork for my RH

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

need new front fork for my RH

Post by KooK »

I dropped my RH at ave scooters, and they being the bearer of bad news, said my front fork is bent. I can get a stock front fork, but am looking for any alternatives. are there any. I have made a few calls, and it seems like this scooter doesn't exist in the scooter world. and the few leads I have, the part numbers don't match up.

so I am looking for any advice before I drop so much coin on my little RH. sucks this happened, but its gotta be fixed. or any recommendations would be helpful as well.
cummingsjc

Re: need new front fork for my RH

Post by cummingsjc »

KooK wrote:I dropped my RH at ave scooters, and they being the bearer of bad news, said my front fork is bent. I can get a stock front fork, but am looking for any alternatives. are there any. I have made a few calls, and it seems like this scooter doesn't exist in the scooter world. and the few leads I have, the part numbers don't match up.

so I am looking for any advice before I drop so much coin on my little RH. sucks this happened, but its gotta be fixed. or any recommendations would be helpful as well.
Was this as a result of hitting the gigantic pot hole a few months back?
KooK

Post by KooK »

Yes. It is still still drivable, but it was bent. I am conflicted on what to do now. I could get a 2008 125 vino for a song, or follow up on a lead for a roughhouse sport for cheap, but I don't have the capacity to hoard scooters. Mine lives under the stairs in the backyard and there ain't no room for more.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Forks off a Buddy 50 will fit. I've seen used NCY forks go for $150.

topic19795.html
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

You need to verify diameter at TT. I'm pretty sure it's 26mm, length of fork, axle size and caliper mount.

These look close:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BWS-ZUMA ... BU&vxp=mtr
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

The triple tree/steerer tube is wider than the Buddy 50. The kicker is that Genuine sells the triple tree and forks as one unit and not separate.

The steerer tube is probably bent, but changing the fork legs is easy enough to possibly warrant giving it a shot and see what happens. I haven't had a case where the fork legs bent and didn't bend the steerer tube, though.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Getting a bent fork tube has been one of my ongoing fears. I'm no lightweight. But, fortunately, I travel the same routes daily so I'm able to memorize the road imperfections and know where to scoot around them. Good luck with getting the problem resolved. That being said a move up to a 125 or 150 4-stroke may not be a bad idea and you'll still get good gas mileage plus more pull from a dead stop going up hills. . .if there are any where you live. Of course money is always an issue and you really have to weigh things out. I bottom out my front forks often and it does cause me to think about getting something bigger to handle the load.