2014 Stella auto - won't accelerate after it warms up. Stall

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Anotherbob

2014 Stella auto - won't accelerate after it warms up. Stall

Post by Anotherbob »

I've got a Stella auto that's having a problems once it warms up. When warm, it will first die at idle but restart with a little gas. Then it will accelerate normally up to 10-15mph then it will bog down and run rough. It seems to happen if you are over 10mph and go past 1/4 throttle. To make things worse, I brought it into the dealer and they were unable to replicate the issue. I even test drove it... It was hesitating at the same 1/4 throttle point for the first block or two. I put it down to bad gas and drained the tank when the bike came home a day later. Filled it with premium and within the first 1/4 mile it was have the exact same issue. Sputter at idle the bog at 1/4 throttle. Bike came with the updated ecu.

Anyone else?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Try some K100 fuel stabilizer/ cleaner. It works WAY better than seafoam or star tron.

I have seen a Stellauto with a dirty fuel filter. It was clogged with what looked like paint chips. Have the dealer check it/ replace it.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

One of the few solutions I've seen work is trading it in.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

The carbs are absolutely tiny on these. It sounds like a partially clogged main jet to me. If it gets worse (eventually only starting and cutting out when you turn the throttle), that's it. BTW, PIA to clean the carb through the top/left side. Next time, I'll pull the entire rear shell and it will actually take less time.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
OCStella

Re: 2014 Stella auto - won't accelerate after it warms up. S

Post by OCStella »

Anotherbob wrote:I've got a Stella auto that's having a problems once it warms up. When warm, it will first die at idle but restart with a little gas. Then it will accelerate normally up to 10-15mph then it will bog down and run rough. It seems to happen if you are over 10mph and go past 1/4 throttle. To make things worse, I brought it into the dealer and they were unable to replicate the issue. I even test drove it... It was hesitating at the same 1/4 throttle point for the first block or two. I put it down to bad gas and drained the tank when the bike came home a day later. Filled it with premium and within the first 1/4 mile it was have the exact same issue. Sputter at idle the bog at 1/4 throttle. Bike came with the updated ecu.

Anyone else?
I found that even in So Cal, my auto takes a long time to warm up, around 5 minutes. It will bog down until sufficiently warm. Mine is a 2014 Auto. No problems otherwise.
Anotherbob

Post by Anotherbob »

I still have this issue. I've cleaned out the fuel system and replaced filters. I took it back to the shop and had them look it over. NTF. So I've given up on them.

Today I found one of the two grey hoses hanging. The ceramic filter (not the see through fuel filter) was disconnected. One of the hangers was pretty close so I connected it. I got better idling and I can get to about 3/4 throttle before it drops out. The second hanger looks like it comes off the tank. There is a black box with two hose attachments and only one is connected. I'm guessing that where the second hanger goes but it looks seriously un-fun to get that done. So in an effort to do this once has anyone got agood picture or a diagram of these hoses? What I can find online is for the lml star 125 auto but men doesn't look remotely similar.