Roughhouse not running properly

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jojo5990

Roughhouse not running properly

Post by Jojo5990 »

Hello
I have a 2009 genuine roughhouse 50. I have cleaned the carburetor several times. When the bike is cold it starts up and runs for a little bit until it gets warmed up or so it semms and then it doesn't seem to want to run. Any idea of what it could be? I took the coil off and I'm going to try to run to the shop tomorrow to have them tested to see if it's good. I put a multimeter up to it to check continuity between the positive and the negative terminal and I came up with .2 ohms. I have already replaced the spark plug with a brand new one and it has a new battery in it and I'm just having trouble with getting it running correctly any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

How many miles? If the compression is low but not completely blown they will sometimes run a little while the choke circuit is on then die out afterwards. You can rent a compression tester from an auto parts store to check that.
Jojo5990

Post by Jojo5990 »

Hello
Has a new set of rings. The bike has 730 miles. Had a 70cc kit. I changed it back to stock.and put a new set of rings on it.
Meis

Post by Meis »

have you adjusted the carb settings? where i live in texas, the weather effects how the scoot runs so i need to optimize my idle speed and air mixture screw every so often
chachamooby

Post by chachamooby »

When it had a 70cc kit on it--Did someone upjet the carb to match??? Seems to me that if you changed it back to a 50cc it needs the original jet or it'll idle too rich.