Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got One!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Driller

Aprilia Scarabeo 150, Aprilia SC250, Stella 2t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Got One! Reply with quote

I have been looking for a 2t Stella for a while with some tuning and tinkering in mind. Finally, one popped up and the trigger was pulled. Maybe the desire for a scooter that shakes like a nervous dog when idling, goes ring ding ding and smells of bean oil is really an attempt to reclaim a misspent youth.
This is what started my love for motorized two wheel fun...

It was the ultimate freedom machine for a 14 year old. So many adventures and fond memories with three speeds and a whopping 4.8 hp. Twisted Evil

So, after many motorcycles and scooters it has come full circle...

It is a 2007 and came with 3200 miles on the odometer. Cosmetically it is fine. Despite a grimy engine it runs well and does not appear to have suffered any soft seizes. A weep of oil appears to be coming from the case near the drain plug that will need attention. New tires are on order.
The Stella is indeed an improvement over the old Cruisaire with an extra gear and a couple of extra ponies under the hood. Having brakes that actually work ok is nice as well.
Compared to other scooters I have had it is no hot rod. However, the nimble handling and light weight allows you to have a fun time in the saddle. Someone once said "it is sometimes more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow". The Aprilias in the stable can satisfy the need for speed. Wink
I can tell the engine has more to give and efforts to uncork it will follow.
Cheers!

jimmbomb

81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that color, but love the bike.
Congrats and have fun with your new ride.
Keep us posted on your 'go fast' efforts.
On my 08, I just put on a 226 exhaust and re-jet.
It got good fast after that.
Good luck.

J H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: