RH 50 Windscreen/Windshield?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

RH 50 Windscreen/Windshield?

Post by skipper20 »

Hi All, I'm taking delivery of a new 2015 RH Sport 50 dealer close-out special this coming Thursday. Have any of you put a windscreen on your Roughhouse and if so, are you OK with it? I've had 2 50cc 2 T scooters in my lifetime: an '07 Adly Jet 50 and an '87 Honda Elite 50S. I put windscreens on both of them and had a GPS verified increase in top speed of 1.5 to 2 mph. Just wondering if I'd have the same experience with my '15 RH Sport 50. TIA,

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
'15 170i Hooligan Titanium (AZ scoot)
'15 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
Mikestib1

Windshield

Post by Mikestib1 »

Compare the mirror mounts on the RH with a Buddy. If they mount the same way a Prima 1 should work. Put one on my Buddy 170i and happy with it. Installation was easy as they provide a left hand thread adapter for the right mirror as it is reverse thread. I think it's 14" tall and 17" wide. Definitely let me wear a lighter jacket in 48 degree weather. You look over the top rather than thru the shield which I like. Got it from Scooterlounge.online. Quick shipping.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

I can't definitely say about a speed increase since I have't added a windshield to my scooter yet but I would think that the smoothness of a windshield in front of you would have to be at least a little bit more aerodynamic than the human body with a small increase in speed and MPG.

I have considered this one:
https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Wind ... -P402.aspx