Rattler 110 - 1st ride impressions.....

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

1cyl

Rattler 110 - 1st ride impressions.....

Post by 1cyl »

I'm a newbie, here, on this forum. I joined this forum to learn from other owners' impressions of the Genuine non-Stella offerings. (I have owned 4 Stellas, so I was already quite familiar with Genuine and Scooterworks.)

I have always been impressed with the Buddy line from fellow scooterists that I've ridden with. But after browsing this forum, I became rather interested in the Rattler 110 myself. I work for a multi-line Dealer and we've taken-on the Genuine line recently.:D I decided to get myself a Rattler 110 just for FUN....

Today was my 1st change to ride my new scoot. I have to say I'm VERY impressed with this little bomb! :D I was suprised to find that it our-accelerates my Stella! :shock: So far, I'm more than satisfied with the power right out-of-the-box. I guess I'll be kitting it, adding a pipe, changing roller weights, spring, and upgrading the carburetor as soon as Genuine has the cylinder kits available for even MORE fun! :D
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

i aint gonna tire sayin - 2strokes da bomb :twisted:
when u do the mods though, may i suggest - just go middle ground so your toy does not become too wicked that it would not go slow anymore. nothings more disappointing (2me anyhoot) than spending $$$ then find out it is not streetable (nor safe) any longer (meaning, its pure race)
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

yeah, so, 1cyl, how's she hangin? we need ride reports, yaknow? you cant leave us hangin in the wind. we wanna hear from ya. orighty then? hehe.. don take me seriously orayt? yaknow im just playin :P
1cyl

Post by 1cyl »

ysofisonly50? wrote:yeah, so, 1cyl, how's she hangin? we need ride reports, yaknow? you cant leave us hangin in the wind. we wanna hear from ya. orighty then? hehe.. don take me seriously orayt? yaknow im just playin :P
Wednesday was my 2nd excursion on the Rattler 110. (Now, I am getting used to it's compact size, as compared to my Stella.) It's a hoot to ride! :D After commuting 30 miles, in congested traffic, I'm MORE than satisfied with it's stock performance. I just may ditch the hop-up ideas! :shock:
mattgordon

2 strokes

Post by mattgordon »

1cyl wrote:
ysofisonly50? wrote:yeah, so, 1cyl, how's she hangin? we need ride reports, yaknow? you cant leave us hangin in the wind. we wanna hear from ya. orighty then? hehe.. don take me seriously orayt? yaknow im just playin :P
Wednesday was my 2nd excursion on the Rattler 110. (Now, I am getting used to it's compact size, as compared to my Stella.) It's a hoot to ride! :D After commuting 30 miles, in congested traffic, I'm MORE than satisfied with it's stock performance. I just may ditch the hop-up ideas! :shock:
I've had a Vespa P200e, Sprint Veloce 150, and presently own an ET-4, as well as a GTS-250ie, PLUS my Rattler (I know, I'm a sick man!) I've always loved 2 strokers, and my Rattler 110 with just over 1000 miles on it (box stock) satisfies my need for a 2 stroke street-screamer. I've done 100+ mile days on it, and aside from it's small gas capacity (and my 225 lbs) I've had no gripes with it's power. I'll keep mine stock, and enjoy it's reliability, and tractability. It runs better now, than when I got it too.

Oh, my 18 year-old just picked one up as well!
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Yeah that Rattler is amazing. I wanted to get one just because of how much fun it was. A kitted Rattler, now that's going to be something