Reducing rear tire wear on Cozy hack setup?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ArgonV

Reducing rear tire wear on Cozy hack setup?

Post by ArgonV »

Howdy gents, my current hack is eating rear tires... Like 1 every three months. I've tried to lean the scooter out to the left more but can't seem to figure out how with the Cozy attachments. Any suggestions?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Mine eats them too. It's normal. I have built 5 sidecar rigs for Stellas and they are all hard on rear tires. But, look at the good side. The sidecar tire will last forever :)

Try a different brand of tire. That is the best you can do. What are you running now?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Thanks, right now I'm using Shinko white wall tires. The Primas don't fit the rear and I don't know if the Contis are any better for wear in the rear? They are twice as much so...
viney266

Post by viney266 »

The Shinko is a good cheap tire, but they have never been known for their longevity, but the price is right ( I have them on my 50 ). I run the Michelins and get "decent" life on the sidecar, better than the shinko, but that bike still eats them . I got 2200 on the last one.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

After reading your post. Are you keeping white walls? If so, you have many less choices.

I heard the Prima was wearing okay. Did it rub the clutch cover?
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Keeping the white walls yes. I am lucky if I get 1k miles on the rear tire. The Primas do wear the cover on the Stella 4t...