Leaves Stuck Under Fan Cover

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Leaves Stuck Under Fan Cover

Post by R50Rider »

While I was replacing my spark plug on my RH today I noticed some stems hanging out from the bottom of the fan cover (just above the exhaust pipe on the right side). When I tried to remove them I realized there was big chunks of leaves stuck in there. So I removed the 3 Philips Head Screws, put the cover aside, and got the debris out. Fortunately they just dropped right out and I didn't have to go digging inside. It sort of reminded me of a lawn mower. . .and the cover reinstalled easily. Just got to keep track of the screws since they are really small.

Well the moral to the story is the machine should actually run a little cooler now without the leaves blocking the air flow over the engine. Not that it's a big deal this time of the year as winter approaches where I live. . .but nonetheless I'll know to check there again.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Had a customer years ago break the plastic vanes off the fan on his rattler 100. It popped the head gasket due to head ( older man, hard of hearing ). It was an easy fix and he is still riding it. :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?