Buddy 125 down - gas smelled and felt

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

eliu01

Buddy 125 down - gas smelled and felt

Post by eliu01 »

Thankfully not due to an accident, but a windy rainstorm. Went to pick it back up and smelled gasoline and felt some around the grab handle and seat. It's not the first time it's been on its side, but I never smelled gas any of the other times. Shouldn't the fuel system be sealed, especially here in emissions strict California? Is it an issue that gas leaked from somewhere? And how best to rinse away any residual gas? I don't want to smell of gas from sitting on any. Maybe leave it uncovered during the next few rainy days?

Thanks!
Mikestib1

Cleaning bike

Post by Mikestib1 »

I'd use Dawn liquid dishwashing detergent.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

That's, like, some serious wind!
Did you have the scooter on it's side stand? (as opposed to on the center stand?)
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
eliu01

Post by eliu01 »

Center stand, always. Gusts were 30-40 MPH yesterday evening. Scooter is always covered, too, which would have created a sail-like situation.

It rained most of today too, so I'm hoping most, if not all, of the smell got washed away. If not, I'll spray it with a hose and maybe some white vinegar too. That stuff got the smell off of my hands pretty easily. Rather smell like vinegar than gas.