RH 50 Windshield Report

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

RH 50 Windshield Report

Post by skipper20 »

I purchased this Prima windshield for my '15 RH Sport 50: https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Wind ... -P402.aspx

It's the exact same quality windscreen as the Prima one for the Genuine Hooligan. Only the mounting hardware is different. Mounting was relatively easy as you don't have to take the mirrors off. Nor do you have to drill through any plastic as in the Hooligan.

I mounted it so that the bottom would be at its lowest point. At 5' 11" this lets me see just over the top rather than through it which is my preference. Performance improvement was very marginal - 41.4 mph GPS verified top speed before, 42.0 after. But, the comfort improvement was very noticeable. The laminar tip directed the wind flow over the top of my helmet and the screen itself shielded my chest and face from the wind's full blast. It was a cold, drizzly typical November day in Seattle but I was noticeably more comfortable than before the installation.

At $110.00 plus shipping I'm definitely recommending it.

Bill in Seattle
'15 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
chachamooby

Post by chachamooby »

Good information Skipper. Thanks for the review. When it starts to get cold, I always start thinking about a windshield. Much appreciated.
Chacha
2002 Yamaha FZ-1
Baja Doodle bug :)
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Thanks for the link. . .sounds like you could rate the installation difficulty level at 1 wrench on a 5 wrench scale. . .5 being really difficult and bordering on just taking it to a dealer. Being able to see over the top of the windshield gives you better visibility I think. Plus when the weather is warmer you can open up the vents if you're riding with a full face helmet and get some cool air running through it.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

R50Rider wrote:Thanks for the link. . .sounds like you could rate the installation difficulty level at 1 wrench on a 5 wrench scale. . .5 being really difficult and bordering on just taking it to a dealer. Being able to see over the top of the windshield gives you better visibility I think. Plus when the weather is warmer you can open up the vents if you're riding with a full face helmet and get some cool air running through it.
One thing that I forgot to mention was that no installation instructions were included in the kit. Attaching the wind screen to the upright posts was fairly straightforward but attaching the bottom of the posts to the side mirrors was a bit puzzling. So, I made a copy of that page of the Scooterworks on-line catalog that had a picture of the wind screen installed. Then I could see how it was done. It went very quickly after that and, yes, I'd rate it a 1 out of a 5 for wrenching as long as you have the picture to go by!

Bill in Seattle
'15 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
GraywolfRH50

Post by GraywolfRH50 »

Any pics of your RH with wind screen?
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

GraywolfRH50 wrote:Any pics of your RH with wind screen?
I'm wintering in Tucson, AZ right now and the RH is parked in the garage at home in Seattle. I won't be back until early April so I'll try and remember to post some pics at that time. In the meantime, the Scooterworks web site picture does a very good job of showing what it's all about.

Bill in Seattle but currently wintering in Tucson
'15 170i Hooligan Titanium (AZ scoot)