Performance Improvements while RH50 is Still Under Warranty?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Performance Improvements while RH50 is Still Under Warranty?

Post by skipper20 »

I purchased my '16 RH Sport 50 new this past November so it will be under warranty until November '18. Are there any improvements I can do to gain a few more MPHs without invalidating the warranty? I've topped it out at a GPS verified 42 mph but a lot of my riding has to be in an HOV/MC/bus lane with a 45 mph limit. You all know what means: most vehicles are doing 50 mph or even more!

A 70 BBK kit would be ideal but I'm guessing my warranty would go south. So, is there anything I can do to gain a few more MPHs and still have Genuine on my side? TIA,

Bill in Seattle
'16 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

If its still valid, I think the only thing you can do is change roller weights and the belt.
Not much in the "mod" department but if you want to keep the warranty your limited.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Can I assume that your scoot has been de-restricted by the dealer since it goes 42 MPH? I thought that I remember reading that you could add some of the compatible Prima performance exhausts without voiding the warranty if you got a dealer to do it. The other option might be to buy one like this: https://www.scooterworks.com/Performanc ... 12689.aspx and a slightly bigger carb jet on your own. It looks stock and is supposed to add 3-4 MPH. If you ever needed work, you could easily dismount it and put the stock exhaust back in place. I doubt anyone would catch the bigger carb jet.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Eh, just kit it and void your engine warranty. You won't need the warranty, they are pretty much bulletproof.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I have read rave reviews about the Super Transmission by NCY. Under $200 and you get everything needed. Should not void the warranty.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

But to keep the warranty you have to have an authorized dealer install it.$$$
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

If I buy a new scooter and get the tuning itch I do this. I ride it stock for 6 months and beat the wheels off it. Ride it as much as possible thru all weather and a bit of trails. Not trash it, just ride it hard. If nothing breaks during that time then its all good, so forget the warranty-its TUNING TIME! A 2 year warranty can be a prison sentence if the urge to modify is waiting, especially on a quality scooter to begin with! 6 months, ride hard, nothing fails=modify and forget the warranty.