17 roughhouse

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jman

17 roughhouse

Post by jman »

Getting my new roughhouse today. Paid 2000 for it no addition cost,got it with a prima rack and basket. It is still restricted were do l get a regular gasket for the exhaust. I am 6 feet tall and weight 250. There are a lot of hills on this island. Hawaii got a new safety check law which makes mods illegal.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

2k Is a great price for that!

would they notice if you removed a washer and changed out variator weight? I'd think that would be hard to tell.
jman

Post by jman »

Thanks I don't know if they road test it to see if it stay under 30 mph
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

From what I understand, the exhaust restrictor is in place in addition to the regular exhaust gasket, not in place of it. If you take the stock exhaust off the bike, you should be able to remove the restriction plate and put the exhaust back in place. The variator washer is also easy to remove. I would check with the dealer from whom you are purchasing the Roughhouse about the legalities of derestricting the bike or talk to your local DMV.
jman

Post by jman »

Yes I all ready checked it out on YouTube on a dealer prep video. Mahalo (thank you)
jman

Post by jman »

Aloha I just found out my RH is derestricted by the dealer for 50cc it got lot of power can't wait till it's broken in. Can't compare to my old Yamaha razz
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Congrats on your new scoot and welcome to the Roughhouse crew :atgatt: . Just a tip, drop your stock roller weight down to 6 grams and you should get better off the line "boost" without affecting your top end. Also a 2000 clutch spring should help significantly with the hills. Talk to your dealer about what can be done under warranty.
Good luck and safe journeys.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
KooK

Post by KooK »

I have a roughhouse and a Yamaha Vino 125. I prefer the roughhouse! I do wish it were just a bit more powerful, but as a whole. The Rh is just a more comfortable and I prefer it. I wish it had a 125 motor. But welcome aboard. And do change the weights. Helps a bunch.