Scooterworks stage 1

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mikestib1

Scooterworks stage 1

Post by Mikestib1 »

I think Scooterworks and Genuine are related. This kit is for the Buddy and RH50. Includes Prima expansion chamber, main jets, roller weights, and contra spring. Anyone try it? Seems it should save some trial and error expenses.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I have a Prima stage I kit for my Buddy 125. I have only installed the pipe and main jet.
- I plan to install sliders instead of the rollers from the kit. I plan to do the torque spring when I do the sliders.
-I need to get one of those electric impact wrenches before I can do the upgrades to the cvt.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I have a Prima stage I kit for my Buddy 125. I have only installed the pipe and main jet.
- I plan to install sliders instead of the rollers from the kit. I plan to do the torque spring when I do the sliders.
-I need to get one of those electric impact wrenches before I can do the upgrades to the cvt.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Oops. Please erase this duplicate post.***
wheelbender6 wrote:I have a Prima stage I kit for my Buddy 125. I have only installed the pipe and main jet.
Meis

Post by Meis »

$240 seems REALLY expensive for those parts in my opinion. It is nice that it is a package deal where the parts "are designed to work together".

I guess it really depends what your long term plans are for the scoot. If you plan to keep it mostly stock this should be fine but if you plan to do a cylinder kit later on to increase the displacement that pipe will be insufficient for the power band needed for the new kit (because it is designed to be optimized for the stock 50cc cylinder) so you might want to get a different pipe if kitting later on down the road.

I ended up going with a Stage 6 pro rep pipe on mine that works well with the stock cylinder (noticeable mid range to top end power boost) but is optimized for a 70 to 72cc kit. I put a Polini 70cc sport kit on and upjetted to an 85 main and it hauls the buns (well.... compared to stock lol)
Mikestib1

Malossi expansion chamber

Post by Mikestib1 »

May start off with one as found one for a good price, a 90 main jet, and Dr. Pulley sliders, low budget and the Malossi is much like the Prima.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

"$240 seems REALLY expensive for those parts in my opinion. "
I agree. However, I was not real familiar with PGO engines.
Some GY6 parts will fit and others don't.
I knew the jets were numbered different from a GY6, but I wasn't sure about CVT parts.
It was a place to start.
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

The Rough House has nothing to do with GY6 scooters. It's a 2 stroke.
Anyhow since its new and under warranty once it's de restricted and broken in I can change the exhaust and up the main jet from 75 to 90 and have a top speed over 50 mph. Not bad for a 50cc. Also the exhaust us distributed by Genuine thru Scooterworks in Chicago. My S max will do 72 mph so the Rough House is for blasting around in the city.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Performance modifications void the warranty no matter who sells it.

EDIT: I don't like that pipe on a Roughhouse unless you do massive transmission work, weigh 100lbs or are combining it with a big bore kit and a carb. That pipe on a stock motor will take all your low end away.
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Re: Scooterworks stage 1

Post by ScooterDave »

Mikestib1 wrote:I think Scooterworks and Genuine are related.
Since when?
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

Ok you don't like the exhaust and it voids the warranty. So you have bought one and it sucks and the dealer voided the warranty. So you bought one and you're talking from personal experience or what? Just asking you Dasscooter as you seem to be on it
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I work at a dealer and have dealt with the pipes before. The new "sport" pipe is good - it's a stock pipe with no catalytic converter for a little more flow.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

What I tell people is that since it's a PGO scooter - you most probably won't need the warranty. Tune it!
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

A Malossi expansion chamber will kill the bottom end and midrange, I only want to do the sport exhaust, 9g Dr Pulleys, 90 main jet. I have a Yamaha S max thet revs to 9500 rpm and tops out at 75. Don't need to spend big bucks for a BBK, new variator, 21 mm carb to make the Rough house just a little more fun. Can you dig that? If I bought it used with no warranty for $1200 I would follow your advice. Just wanting a little oil burning stinker for downtown fast enough to not get run over by SUV drivers on their cell phones.