Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HORN UPGRADE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
EvilNerdLord

2012 Genuine Stella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: HORN UPGRADE Reply with quote

OK, folks
I finally had it with the stella's wussy horn and I need to do something (cagers can't hear the damn thing)...

so, what's better

hi tone or low tone?

Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well, on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
dasscooter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently put a high-tone on my commuter thinking it would pierce through better, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The low-tone always seems to get the job done
EvilNerdLord

2012 Genuine Stella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx, they have both at the o'rielly next to work (wolo) both at the same price...

hell, while riding I can even hear the stock horn at anything over...say 40mph or so, wind noise drowns it out (modular helmet too).

Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well, on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
EvilNerdLord

2012 Genuine Stella

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone now how loud the stock is? (decibel), I want to make sure I don't pick up one that's just as worthlessly wussy...
OCStella

Stella 4T Auto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Horn Upgrade Reply with quote

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you might get a better price on the Wolo. I've thought of doing the horn replacement myself. You can also order from them online.
EvilNerdLord

2012 Genuine Stella

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there enough space behind cover for a full size wolo?
dasscooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but you can mount it in the glovebox and shove the wiring through the turn signal grommets. You're going to have to run a horn relay and wire it to the battery, though. A very tall task unless you run a power wire underneath the scoot - which is what I'd do.
ronfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy installed a wolo, and it is loud yet still not annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: