HORN UPGRADE

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

HORN UPGRADE

Post by EvilNerdLord »

OK, folks
I finally had it with the stella's wussy horn and I need to do something (cagers can't hear the damn thing)...

so, what's better

hi tone or low tone?
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I recently put a high-tone on my commuter thinking it would pierce through better, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The low-tone always seems to get the job done
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

thanx, they have both at the o'rielly next to work (wolo) both at the same price...

hell, while riding I can even hear the stock horn at anything over...say 40mph or so, wind noise drowns it out (modular helmet too).
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

anyone now how loud the stock is? (decibel), I want to make sure I don't pick up one that's just as worthlessly wussy...
OCStella

Horn Upgrade

Post by OCStella »

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby you might get a better price on the Wolo. I've thought of doing the horn replacement myself. You can also order from them online.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

is there enough space behind cover for a full size wolo?
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

No, but you can mount it in the glovebox and shove the wiring through the turn signal grommets. You're going to have to run a horn relay and wire it to the battery, though. A very tall task unless you run a power wire underneath the scoot - which is what I'd do.
ronfer

Post by ronfer »

My buddy installed a wolo, and it is loud yet still not annoying.