Tire Pressure

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kg21

Tire Pressure

Post by kg21 »

What is the recommended PSI for the tires on a RH50 Sport? The manual is in kg's. Thanks
skipper20

Re: Tire Pressure

Post by skipper20 »

kg21 wrote:What is the recommended PSI for the tires on a RH50 Sport? The manual is in kg's. Thanks
To convert kg to lbs., multiply by 2.2.

Bill in Seattle
cummingsjc

Re: Tire Pressure

Post by cummingsjc »

kg21 wrote:What is the recommended PSI for the tires on a RH50 Sport? The manual is in kg's. Thanks
I would disregard what the manual states and go with the recommended PSI imprinted on the side of the tire. Most tires will be around the 30-35 PSI range.
kg21

Post by kg21 »

Great thank you. I didn't think 4.4 was going to do it.

I just found a conversion chart that states between 28-29 psi equals 2.0kgs.
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

There is a plate riveted to the plastic below the cubby with the vin, tire size and recommended tire pressure. Do not go by the tire pressure at maximum load on the tire sidewall as many heavier scooters use the same tire. If you rarely ride a passenger on the back, I'd go 24f 26r. I had an Adly 50 with the same tires and those pressures were also stamped on the vin plate. My RH50 2017 with fat 10" tires says 28f 28r in the manual. The dealer put 30 lbs in each tire and any small pot hole or bump upsets the suspension. Went 25f 26r and it handles much better. Of course these are cold tire pressures. Also buy a decent tire pressure gauge,
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

I should have mentioned I weigh 175 pounds and never ride double
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe