72cc Upgrade - RH50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

72cc Upgrade - RH50

Post by skipper20 »

Would this be the kit to do the upgrade? https://www.scooterworks.com/NCY-Cylind ... P8850.aspx
or any of the similar (if not identical) kits offered on eBay?

Since the Scooterworks kit is a Prima product and there is or was a relationship between Prima and Genuine, I'm thinking that if the Prima upgrade were done by a Genuine dealer, the warranty would stay intact. True?

Bill in Seattle
'16 RH Sport 50
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

That's the one I used for my BBK mod. But that's not a Prima its an NCY kit. So even if your dealer did the work, it would still void the warranty.
Its a good upgrade, if you do get it, have an autobody shop paint the jug, or it will rust and look like crap.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Mikestib1

Bbk

Post by Mikestib1 »

The local Genuine dealer told me he will only install Malossi kits. He has never had much success with other brands. Definitely voids your 2 year warranty.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe