THE SCOOTER COMMUTER...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

THE SCOOTER COMMUTER...

Post by EvilNerdLord »

http://www.roadrunner.travel/magazine/r ... 6/page/94/

after tracking both my jeep liberty (2x4) sport for 23,000 miles and the Stella for 2300 miles on www.fuelly.com

the results are currently:

jeep: ave 15.4 mpg ($0.186 per mile)

stella 4T: ave 74.7 mpg ($0.043 per mile)

BUT, if it weren't for california's winter blend boutique gas mix, it would be much higher....summer last year (june-aug)
jeep: 18-20 mpg
Stella: 84-103 mpg

Guess what I'll be commuting in now that the weather has gotten a bit more cooperative?

8)
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

... until you factor in that you can only go realistically 10k miles before you have to get a new one :P
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

as long as the body/frame is good, a new engine/rebuild is cheaper.

besides, with my commute (5 mi round trip) if I do nothing else* BUT commute, 10k miles is a loooooong time.

*of course there is little chance of that happening... :wink:
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
skully93

Post by skully93 »

dasscooter wrote:... until you factor in that you can only go realistically 10k miles before you have to get a new one :P
Bah. then you just put a p200 engine in there.

My buddy has 18k miles and is going strong!