Greetings from Sin City

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

VegasBaby!

Greetings from Sin City

Post by VegasBaby! »

Changes. Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. Changes in emails too! I was on here originally in '08 as olhogrider. Here I am 9 years and many motorcycles and scooters later. I moved from the Bay Area to LA and most recently to Las Vegas. I was really hoping to get a new or used Buddy once I got here but the only dealer listed is more interested in 50cc Chinese 2 strokes. In Nevada a 50 is the same as a bicycle. No license or insurance so they are pretty popular.

While visiting the Bay a couple of weeks ago I stopped by the Honda dealer. They had a 4 year old PCX150 with 100 miles on it! It was so deeply discounted that I bought it and rode it home! It is a fine scooter but it is no Buddy. It takes over 2 hours to do a valve adjustment! Their version of deadlights are factory sealed and require removal of most of the body to even get to. Less carrying capacity too because of the humped floor.

Just wanted to say, of all the car/motorcycle/scooter forums I've been on over the years, this one is by far the best! No snarky self-righteous jerks. Just friendly people trying to help each other out. I miss that.

Maybe it's the name Buddy. You can't be a jerk and ride one ;)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Welcome home and I hope you at least have fun with your PCX150 even if it's not a Buddy. You never know, a Buddy, new or used could come up in the future. I didn't think I'd be getting a Buddy, but one fell into my lap for a great price, so I jumped on it. Having a lot of fun riding and working on it.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Looks like the Raiders will be about 2 years behind you.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI