Stellauto Cowl wiring adapt for 2T?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RoaringTodd

Stellauto Cowl wiring adapt for 2T?

Post by RoaringTodd »

Yo ModernBuddy -

I recently upgraded my Stella with a 24/24 carb and freshened top end. It runs great now, and the powerband really gives a kick. Much better than the anemic stock set up.

However - with that, has come higher operating temperatures, and I need to keep a eye on the CHT to be sure I don't go over what I'm comfortable with. I'm trying several different things to keep the engine cooler, and one thing I am trying is a Stellauto cowl because of the vents built in.

I bought one online, and when it was delivered, I was suprised to see the wiring for the signal light is done differently. I was under the assumption all the cowls were wired the same.

Does anyone have any experience in adapting the signal wiring on the Stellauto to the 2t?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Its just 1 wire, right?
I'm sure that you can just crimp on a simple 1 wire disconnect.
One female on 1 wire and 1 male on the other.
Leave enough slack so you can reach in and pull it apart after you unlatch and partially remove the cowl.
Good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Yes correct - there is two wires coming from the Stellauto cowl signal housing, one which is grounded into the cowl itself, and one which is brown wire with a connector at one end.

The thing that has me puzzled is to where to run the wire FROM the Stella frame to the cowl to make a connection. On the 2T cowl, there is a pin the connects to another metal connector in the frame. The pin itself is hollow with a connection bushing.

The Stellauto Cowl pin is not hollow. So I have no clue as how to run the wire to the frame and make the connection?
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

On the frame. . Where the connecter is, look behind that pin connector (male or female pin), and look for a single wire going to the pin connector spot.
It will be inside of the frame area of the frame connector.
That will be your single power wire from the turn sig.
The cowl itself provides the ground to complete the circuit.
Good luck.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

What temps are you running? A 150 with a 24/24 properly jetted should run pretty cool.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I'm hitting around 340ish even with a main jet of 125.