[NSR]...sort of

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

agrogod

[NSR]...sort of

Post by agrogod »

So here's a little tidbit I got in the email basket today. If your around Brisbane Cali. you could check this out.

https://mondaymotorbikes.com/m1/
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Syd

Post by Syd »

My plump butt doesn't the looks of that seat. :cry:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Thanks for posting this (not yours' Syd, Lol). I went to their website and read through most of it. This is interesting enough to me that I might consider investing in the company. It's a shame that they couldn't keep the business entirely in the U.S., however. But, I understand that in order to compete in pricing and delivery times, they didn't have too much choice.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

A lot of that machine looks to be made of existing moped parts.

The fork looks like an EBR hydro for a Puch, the frame has a top brace added, but looks like a clone of a Kromag (JCP Pinto, Sears FreeSpirit). The wheels look like Bernardis for a Peugeot and the front brake looks to be derived from a Mike Thomas disc conversion kit.

The seat, electric powertrain and left-side pedal system look to be the only non-borrowed parts.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Not surprising that many of the components of the Monday electric resemble those from a moped considering one of the founders has a history with them.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.