Dr. Pulley Sliders

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

karl utrecht

Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by karl utrecht »

Could someone steer me to a chart showing the size and weight of Dr. Pulley sliders for the Hooligan 170cc?

I've checked the sections here on the maintenance etc. and could not find this information.

I'm not ready to install them as of today, but will in the near future.

If anyone here has first-hand knowledge of what sliders work that would help also. I'm trying to increase the top end just a bit.

Thanks for any help.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
skipper20

Re: Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by skipper20 »

karl utrecht wrote:Could someone steer me to a chart showing the size and weight of Dr. Pulley sliders for the Hooligan 170cc?

I've checked the sections here on the maintenance etc. and could not find this information.

I'm not ready to install them as of today, but will in the near future.

If anyone here has first-hand knowledge of what sliders work that would help also. I'm trying to increase the top end just a bit.

Thanks for any help.
I went to 13g Dr. Pulley sliders on my '15 Hooligan. The increase in top end was marginal at best. Based on my experience, including a heavier 1000 rpm contra spring and 14g rollers replacing the 13g sliders, I'd leave your Hooligan stock. It's quite well balanced "as is". Seems like if you tweak it at one end, you'll take a hit at another end. If you want a noticeable increase in top end, you're going to need a bigger engine. There's no getting around it.

Bill in Seattle
karl utrecht

Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by karl utrecht »

Thanks a lot...that is good info to have.

My concern is that so far the top end is right at 51-52 mph. I was hoping to get at least 55 mph out of it so I can stay up with my scooter group on our 2X a month rides of approximately 75-80 miles RT.

Around town it's really a perfect scooter. I just had the first adjustments done yesterday at the dealers, and haven't checked it out since. And, it's probably not fully broken-in as I have only 500+ miles on it.

Thanks again for the response.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
skipper20

Re: Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by skipper20 »

karl utrecht wrote:Thanks a lot...that is good info to have.

My concern is that so far the top end is right at 51-52 mph. I was hoping to get at least 55 mph out of it so I can stay up with my scooter group on our 2X a month rides of approximately 75-80 miles RT.

Around town it's really a perfect scooter. I just had the first adjustments done yesterday at the dealers, and haven't checked it out since. And, it's probably not fully broken-in as I have only 500+ miles on it.

Thanks again for the response.
Even with 500+ miles, you should be getting a GPS confirmed top speed of just under 60 mph. In my case it's been like 59.5 which will definitely keep you up with your scooter group, And, this is bone stock. At just 51-52 mph you should probably have the scooter checked again by the dealer. It may be nothing more than valves that need adjusting. Good luck!

Bill in Seattle
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

At 500 miles, your engine is just starting to break in. Put a few more miles on it then check the top speed. Just for reference, my stock Buddy 150 can do 65, GPS, on level ground.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
karl utrecht

Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by karl utrecht »

Good news!

Had the new scooter checked out Friday, and the dealer found that both the intake and exhaust valves were a little off, so he reset them...took the scooter out this morning and, with a GPS, timed the scooter at 57 mph on level ground! That's progress!

Now, with a bit more mileage maybe 60 mph is possible. Hope so.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
karl utrecht

Dr. Pulley Sliders

Post by karl utrecht »

Good news!

Had the new scooter checked out Friday, and the dealer found that both the intake and exhaust valves were a little off, so he reset them...took the scooter out this morning and, with a GPS, timed the scooter at 57 mph on level ground! That's progress!

Now, with a bit more mileage maybe 60 mph is possible. Hope so.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

You were so excited about the speed increase that you posted it twice! 😉