Kymco Compagno 110 vs Buddy Kick 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Kymco Compagno 110 vs Buddy Kick 125

Post by skipper20 »

For those of you considering a Buddy Kick 125, have you looked closely at Kymco's Compagno 110 scooter? Same retro styling, same 10" wheels and tires, same EFI fuel system and just about the same HP but with a slightly smaller engine displacement. With a dry weight of only 198 lbs., the Compagno should easily outpace the Kick. Plus the same strong dealer network as Genuine's dealer network.

Is this a sleeper scooter or what?

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I considered a Kick until I had realized my budget limits; no Kymco dealers in my area, southcentral PA, had any Compagnos over the winter when I started my shopping/comparisons; I settled on a leftover 2013 Buddy 125 that was significantly reduced at a dealer that I do frequent business with...recently turned over 500 miles and she's running great!

back to the Kick vs Compagno...I felt cramped on the Kick; same thing with the Vino 50 that I sat on recently
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I thought the campagno was hilarious. A 110cc in a metro-sized bike!

It is pretty fun. But, given the riding I do, and that I'm a 180lb guy, it doesn't make sense long-term. I just looked like a Monkey @#$%$% a football on it.