Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guardian Bells

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
AZkid17

2012 mixed with 2016 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Guardian Bells Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else out there has heard of guardian bells for motorcycles. After totaling my 2016 Buddy 125 after only 5 months, I decided I ought put one on my new 2012.
PIAA HS1 headlight; Blue T5 LED spedo; Brake light modulator; 2825 Sylvania 6000K LED license plate; 1156 Amber (shorty)LED front turn signals; 7506 Sylvania red LED rear signals and 6000K in the running lights; 16 color ground effects kit
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what is a guardian bell? Some sort of horn?
Christophers

Psycho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you post this in the Stella forum?

BTW Lets see pics of your scoot with all of the lighting work!!

exmayor

2013 Buddy 125 White

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on my old Triumpj 500 in the 80's.
http://www.guardianbell.com/wp/
jimmbomb

81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my years of riding on 2 wheels, guardian bells DO work, BUT, some-1 has to give it to you. So, go and buy your friend 1 and tell him that he should reciprocate.
Good luck..
Now, whats this about 'lighting' up your bike? Lets see it!

J H
EvilNerdLord

2012 Genuine Stella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tradition is, your not suppose to buy it yourself...a freind/loved one is suppose to give it to you for luck and safety when riding.

Cool

Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well, on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
OCStella

Stella 4T Auto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Guardian Bells Reply with quote

I've always had a guardian bell on all my Harleys given by various girlfriends. Wouldn't be more appropriate to have a Ganesh medallion as he is the Hindu god of good luck? Besides, he seems like a lot of fun.

Very Happy
jimmbomb

81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Guardian Bells Reply with quote

OCStella wrote:
I've always had a guardian bell on all my Harleys given by various girlfriends. Wouldn't be more appropriate to have a Ganesh medallion as he is the Hindu god of good luck? Besides, he seems like a lot of fun.

Very Happy

Those bells from various girlfriends did double duty. Kept you safe and were a sign of time for a new girlfriend.
Good job!!

J H
OCStella

Stella 4T Auto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Guardian Bells Reply with quote

Very Happy[/quote]
Those bells from various girlfriends did double duty. Kept you safe and were a sign of time for a new girlfriend.
Good job!![/quote]

Yeah, every motorcycle I've sold over the years, I've missed. I can't say the same for all my old girlfriends. Some more than others....motorcycles I mean. Crying or Very sad
It's funny that all motorcyclist have their superstitions and traditions, it doesn't what size.

Happy Easter.
AZkid17

2012 mixed with 2016 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Lit up scooter Reply with quote

Don't know how to post pics. If you look on FB under az scooter club, you will see my pics in one of the posts there
PIAA HS1 headlight; Blue T5 LED spedo; Brake light modulator; 2825 Sylvania 6000K LED license plate; 1156 Amber (shorty)LED front turn signals; 7506 Sylvania red LED rear signals and 6000K in the running lights; 16 color ground effects kit
ucandoit

2008 buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of these. When I bought my used buddy scooter it came with such a bell and it is still there, keeping me safe from evil spirits, which I presume come in all forms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: