Guardian Bells

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AZkid17

Guardian Bells

Post by AZkid17 »

Just wondering if anyone else out there has heard of guardian bells for motorcycles. After totaling my 2016 Buddy 125 after only 5 months, I decided I ought put one on my new 2012.
PIAA HS1 headlight; Blue T5 LED spedo; Brake light modulator; 2825 Sylvania 6000K LED license plate; 1156 Amber (shorty)LED front turn signals; 7506 Sylvania red LED rear signals and 6000K in the running lights; 16 color ground effects kit
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Ok, what is a guardian bell? Some sort of horn?
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Why did you post this in the Stella forum?

BTW Lets see pics of your scoot with all of the lighting work!!
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
exmayor

Post by exmayor »

I had one on my old Triumpj 500 in the 80's.
http://www.guardianbell.com/wp/
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

In all my years of riding on 2 wheels, guardian bells DO work, BUT, some-1 has to give it to you. So, go and buy your friend 1 and tell him that he should reciprocate.
Good luck..
Now, whats this about 'lighting' up your bike? Lets see it!
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

tradition is, your not suppose to buy it yourself...a freind/loved one is suppose to give it to you for luck and safety when riding.

8)
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
OCStella

Guardian Bells

Post by OCStella »

I've always had a guardian bell on all my Harleys given by various girlfriends. Wouldn't be more appropriate to have a Ganesh medallion as he is the Hindu god of good luck? Besides, he seems like a lot of fun.

:D
jimmbomb

Re: Guardian Bells

Post by jimmbomb »

OCStella wrote:I've always had a guardian bell on all my Harleys given by various girlfriends. Wouldn't be more appropriate to have a Ganesh medallion as he is the Hindu god of good luck? Besides, he seems like a lot of fun.

:D
Those bells from various girlfriends did double duty. Kept you safe and were a sign of time for a new girlfriend.
Good job!!
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
OCStella

Re: Guardian Bells

Post by OCStella »

:D[/quote]
Those bells from various girlfriends did double duty. Kept you safe and were a sign of time for a new girlfriend.
Good job!![/quote]

Yeah, every motorcycle I've sold over the years, I've missed. I can't say the same for all my old girlfriends. Some more than others....motorcycles I mean. :cry:
It's funny that all motorcyclist have their superstitions and traditions, it doesn't what size.

Happy Easter.
AZkid17

Lit up scooter

Post by AZkid17 »

Don't know how to post pics. If you look on FB under az scooter club, you will see my pics in one of the posts there
PIAA HS1 headlight; Blue T5 LED spedo; Brake light modulator; 2825 Sylvania 6000K LED license plate; 1156 Amber (shorty)LED front turn signals; 7506 Sylvania red LED rear signals and 6000K in the running lights; 16 color ground effects kit
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

I had never heard of these. When I bought my used buddy scooter it came with such a bell and it is still there, keeping me safe from evil spirits, which I presume come in all forms.