New Buddy owner Sunnyvale

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SFSC
Dealer

New Buddy owner Sunnyvale

Post by SFSC »

Hello long time away from Modernbuddy. I just sold a Buddy 170 to a nice young gal in Sunnyvale who can fix it for her? The scooter is brand new and will soon need a first service. Any help with a good mechanic would be great.
I tried Vespa San Jose and was told they do not service the Mighty Buddy anymore.

Thanks in advance

Barry Gwin
San Francisco Scooter Centre
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

First service should have engine oil and filter, gear oil and valve check. Hit up Babblefish. He is in the area, and knows how to work on these.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Sunnyvale is a long way from San Francisco where babblefish is. The San Francisco Scooter Center is the OP with the request for that reason.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I would be more than willing to help, but being without a car, Sunnyvale is a long ways for me to have to go on my scooter. Besides, sounds like this is a new scooter needing it's first service, which in order to satisfy the warranty should really be done at a dealership, or at the least, an authorized service center.

Barry, here are a couple of places in Sunnyvale that might be able to service the Buddy:

Santa Clara Cycle Accessories
993 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 730-0600

The Moto Cafe
1289 W El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 245-7840

I have no affiliation with either one, but they have pretty good ratings on Yelp.

BTW: both of my scooters are from your shop, though I bought them second hand. I left your license plate frames on them just to help advertise your shop. :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
RickWaza

Post by RickWaza »

I had a tire replaced by Penninsula Motorsports in San Carlos. It's a straightforward thing, but they seemed competent enough. They were friendly and quick and didn't balk at small wheels (cycle gear said they couldn't do it). My friend takes his older yamaha motorcycle there and he recommended it. Can't say much more than that. There's a motorcycle place in mountain view that sells vespas that told me they don't work on Genuines, so any place that'll even touch it this side if the city is worth a try.