PDX Rentals?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Chikazz

PDX Rentals?

Post by Chikazz »

Hey guys. My dad's coming to visit me for two weeks in July, I'm in Portland Oregon. He's used to riding a 200cc Vespa, and I have a Buddy 170i. I really want to rent him a scoot while he's here so we can go riding together, but I can't find anyone who rents anything but motorcycles. I've called several scooter dealerships, and every motorcycle rental place I can find, but no luck. Does anyone know of any places? Thanks!!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

usually scooter rentals are 50cc and usually in warm coastal areas. You might connect with a local scooter group and find one to rent/borrow that way.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Chikazz

Post by Chikazz »

Thanks. It's a great idea, so I'm also going to do that, but I know there are some people here from the area, I figure it couldn't hurt to ask :)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Scooter dealers in Portland are getting to be a short list these days. I suspect you have contacted them all already. I am unaware of anyone in the area who rents scooters. And even where scooter rentals are more common (Hawaii, Florida, SoCal....), it is very hard to find anything other than a 50.
Chikazz

Post by Chikazz »

Thank. You're probably right. Still, maybe I'll find a place. Or maybe I'll find an individual who will rent him one. It can't hurt to ask around. It's for my Dad, I have to try :)