New owner of a Roughhouse..a new (leftover) 2015

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dusty roads

New owner of a Roughhouse..a new (leftover) 2015

Post by dusty roads »

I had a 2009 kymco People 150..but decided to go smaller and use locally.
It has been raining, so haven't had a lot of chance to use it, since I got it a couple days ago. I did however, manage to take the odometer from 2 miles to 13 miles. It is not de-restricted yet, but will get it done later on in the break in period. So far I am very pleased with the scooter..
BTW: New to forum also..this is my first post.
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

You're going to love it a lot more when the washer in the header is removed and the spacer in the variator
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

Well, I've exceeded the 67 years by a bit...I will be 81 in September. I have inched the miles up to 35 today, and I am very pleased with the scooter and it's performance with one caveat...hill climbing. Of course, I weigh about 200, but still I would like a bit more on the hills. I am in hopes that when I get it derestricted, it will gain some. Am I wrong in hoping for better hill climbing when it is derestricted ?
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

Duplicate...delete
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

dusty roads wrote:Well, I've exceeded the 67 years by a bit...I will be 81 in September. I have inched the miles up to 35 today, and I am very pleased with the scooter and it's performance with one caveat...hill climbing. Of course, I weigh about 200, but still I would like a bit more on the hills. I am in hopes that when I get it derestricted, it will gain some. Am I wrong in hoping for better hill climbing when it is derestricted ?
Got you beat by 3 years. I'll be 84 in early September. Derestricted you'll do an honest 40 mph on the flats. Hill climbing ability is actually quite good. I live in a hilly south Seattle neighborhood and I'm able to scoot up the hills without a problem. But, you'll like your scooter a lot more if you get it derestricted now. No need to wait for it to be broken in. Start enjoying it now.

Bill in Seattle
'16 RH50 Sport Matte Red
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

Thanks Bill, that is encouraging, and any help I can get on hill climbing will be most welcome.
...And BTW...congrats on your still going strong at 84..here's hoping you enjoy many more riding years.
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

I have about 150 miles on my RH now, and it seems to be running much better and with more power than when I started at 2 miles.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

You guys are so inspirational! I am 62 and hope I will be riding at your ages!
Dusty, congrats on the RH and welcome to the forum!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

I'm at a bit over 250 miles now, and getting ready to change the gear oil, however my scooting is delayed for a few days with the obstinate, rainy weather we are having now.
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

Weather broke..now over 300 miles and liking my Roughhouse more every day.
As mentioned elsewhere, I am short legged and the stock Roughhouse seat height is 31". I bought a low profile seat from Scooterworks, which drops seat height by 1&1/2 "...all is well..much better fit.