Security for Buddy Kick

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dckick

Security for Buddy Kick

Post by dckick »

Hi all,

I'm the proud new owner of a buddy kick. So far my security "kit" includes the New York fuhgettaboutit, XENA (XX6-SS), and a grip lock. Is this enough? Also, how do actually wrap the chain around the scooter?
paracer

Post by paracer »

I use one of these: http://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/k ... 99515.html

I put the disc lock around the front fork. It fits such that even if you take the front wheel off, you would still have to cut up the fork to take the scooter. I have the chain looped around the gas supply for my building. It has been rock solid in downtown Harrisburg, PA for more than a year now.
dckick

Post by dckick »

Got it. I have the lock and chain and am considering an actual alarm system. The dealer noted there's a type that actually hooks up to the battery and another type that you place on the brake. I can't find any information about the brake alarm other than the xena, which I already have. Any info on the brake lock?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

dckick wrote:Got it. I have the lock and chain and am considering an actual alarm system. The dealer noted there's a type that actually hooks up to the battery and another type that you place on the brake. I can't find any information about the brake alarm other than the xena, which I already have. Any info on the brake lock?
There are many. I tend to avoid them because they can be sensitive. Last thing you want is that it goes off anytime a sparrow farts or a leaf blows. Then you're just irritating the neighbors.