Can I add a kick starter to a Buddy 170i?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mike932

Can I add a kick starter to a Buddy 170i?

Post by mike932 »

It would come in handy if I could
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

I'm wishing the same for my kick. Heck, it's right there in the name!
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Syd

Post by Syd »

There are some FI PTWs with kickstarters, but it's rare.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Kick starters are not normally fitted on fuel injected bikes because the FI system requires a functional battery in order to work. If your battery is weak or dead, a kick starter alone will not start the bike.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Dooglas wrote:Kick starters are not normally fitted on fuel injected bikes because the FI system requires a functional battery in order to work. If your battery is weak or dead, a kick starter alone will not start the bike.
Also, with all those cool cheap/light battery packs, there's little reason. You can get a small battery pack that will jumpstart a big truck and charge your phone while doing the Macarena for $50 on Amazon. All the better to go with your airpump to keep under the seat!
mike932

Post by mike932 »

Dooglas wrote:Kick starters are not normally fitted on fuel injected bikes because the FI system requires a functional battery in order to work. If your battery is weak or dead, a kick starter alone will not start the bike.
Good to know. Thanks.
skully93 wrote: Also, with all those cool cheap/light battery packs, there's little reason. You can get a small battery pack that will jumpstart a big truck and charge your phone while doing the Macarena for $50 on Amazon. All the better to go with your airpump to keep under the seat!
Even cheaper now.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LW ... 8W88I2OM6X