Stella front brake switch

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Maximus53

Stella front brake switch

Post by Maximus53 »

Hello Experts! I have now gone through my second front brake switch and am wondering how difficult this is to replace on my own. Also are there any tips to make the switch last longer? I have only had my stella for 2 months and can see this getting annoying to take back to the dealer and have to leave it to get it fixed.

The part I am talking about is #39 in this schematic:

here is link which has magnifying glass: http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_page ... eadset/902
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Pull the rubber back and check the connections. These are sort of fragile. Make sure they are tight and its not just the connections to the wires.

Other than that, just need another switch. Make sure they are in tight. Thats all the help I can think to offer.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
lorenajack

Post by lorenajack »

I found that the the front brake caliper switch is VERY cheap quality! I purchased one locally here in Tucson, and before I installed it I connected a meter and pushed the button in and out a few times. Well, sometimes when it retracted it failed to close!!! So, I flicked it a few times, then installed it. But to get it adjusted properly I had to put a small washer or two below the switch to get it in just the right position (so the brake light would come on and go off with slight lever action).
2003stellaDave

Post by 2003stellaDave »

Watch my video and try using a washer to move the switch out slightly. It worked for me.

https://youtu.be/ouylfHvauMA

Hope this helps.
wsrgraphics

Front brake switch

Post by wsrgraphics »

This helped me! Thanks for posting the video!
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

I replaced my switch not long ago. We very easy, took 5 minutes...if that.

Pull back the rubber, unplug, plug in the new one.