I guess this is not the original exhaust?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HanShan

I guess this is not the original exhaust?

Post by HanShan »

2013 Blur 220i, I guess this is not the original exhaust? Makes me concerned because it now makes me think the guy who sold it to me was lying.
Attachments
IMG_20170530_090327539.jpg
IMG_20170530_090327539.jpg (135.98 KiB) Viewed 7135 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Looks original to me, thought pretty rusty for a 2013. Nothing on my 2006 is even close to being rusty like that, but then it's always been parked indoors when not being ridden. That bolt head on yours is a plug for an O2 sensor bung. That exhaust clamp is definitely original PGO.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

i am thinking he dropped the bike and ruined the old muffler and had a used one put on it. It makes sense now that you say the rust seems a little much. He had it garaged.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

What did you pay for the bike? How many miles on it?
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

chickdr wrote:What did you pay for the bike? How many miles on it?
$2000 with 7000 miles.
pcsguy88

Post by pcsguy88 »

My '13 does not have that carbon fiber styled muffler cover, your mounting point is angled and you are missing the wire guard over that section. Something fishy is going on with your bike Han.

HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Thanks for that picture pcsguy! Yeah, he told me he replaced the muffler guard but not that he did anything else. He might have bought it like that so I have no idea.

I really hope to get this bike back in perfect condition, such a fun ride but I can tell something is off.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

At least you got a good deal on it. My muffler heat shield is like the second pic without the texture. I wonder if that is the one the Blur 150 had? I think they are the same size with a different look. i just ordered a new heat shield as mine has started coming apart at the attachment points over time. My bike has never been dropped. The shield costs $75 at Scooter lounge which is very pricey IMO, but what can you do?

Edit- just received my new cover- it is exactly the same as what you pictured so I assume they changed the design since the Blur was manufactured. I don't think they are making the Blur anymore, but the PGO GMax is sold elsewhere so this must be what the newer versions use. I wish I could buy an older version, but I guess this is the only choice I have.