Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH 50 Aftermarket carb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
itstodd

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: RH 50 Aftermarket carb Reply with quote

I have a 2012 RH50 That has been sitting with ethanol in it for a couple of years and now it will not start. I know what ethanol does sitting in carbs and I would like to replace it with an aftermarket carb. Any recommendations?
KooK

'15 Rough House

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont you just remove it and clean it? I did this to a friends buddy 50. Sat for a few years and was neglected. Removed the carb and cleaned it and it started right up, after the third try. I recommend getting the gunk bucket and soak it for twenty minutes. Very easy.

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I would rather replace it. Hence the request for an aftermarket. It was in the shop 4 times with cracked bowls and what not during the warranty period and would never start below 60 degrees. I want something reliably . An original replacement for what I have experienced is a POS at 169.00. My scoot has <2000 miles and many trips to the shop. Not to mention the times it's been pushed home. I am far from in love with OEM quality. I have the money to do what I want with this scoot so if you can recommend something I am all ears. I do not need turd polishing recommendations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: