Hey guys FIRST post as a new member

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

16buddy50

Hey guys FIRST post as a new member

Post by 16buddy50 »

Just picked up a 16 buddy 50 with 2000 miles a year left on warranty and roadside service. i only paid 1500 for it, the previous owner is the owner of a shop called port city mopeds. ANYWAYS, im in love, ive had a ruckus a tao tao and a bintelli, this buddy 50 which is a 2 stroke is unbelievably quick...but back to my question, im looking for a disc lock with an alarm i really dont wanna pay over 20-25 dollars...which one is my best bet?
skipper20

Re: Hey guys FIRST post as a new member

Post by skipper20 »

16buddy50 wrote:Just picked up a 16 buddy 50 with 2000 miles a year left on warranty and roadside service. i only paid 1500 for it, the previous owner is the owner of a shop called port city mopeds. ANYWAYS, im in love, ive had a ruckus a tao tao and a bintelli, this buddy 50 which is a 2 stroke is unbelievably quick...but back to my question, im looking for a disc lock with an alarm i really dont wanna pay over 20-25 dollars...which one is my best bet?
Welcome aboard. Since your Buddy investment is worth at least $1500 (to you) and you're in love with it so you don't want to lose it, maybe you should be thinking something more than 20 - 25 dollars. A good quality lock to protect your investment is worth spending some $ on so don't think cheap. Set your sights higher.

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan
Syd

Post by Syd »

In the past, the warranty was not transferable. Unless that has changed, you do not have any warranty. But you probably wouldn't need it anyway!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Each has their own preference, but I don't believe a disc lock is the best approach to improved security. One of the commonest ways to steal a small scooter around here is for two people to simply pick it up and put it in the back of a pickup. That tells me that a cable with sturdy padlock secured to a solid object is likely the best strategy.