Scooter Storage

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dckick

Scooter Storage

Post by dckick »

Hey fellow scooter owners,

I'm looking for suggestions on replacing my large Kmax topcase. I like the amount of storage the case gives but hate how big it is. Any suggestions on a smaller more streamlined storage solution.

I carry textbooks and my laptop if that's helpful.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Givi top cases come in a wide variety of styles and sizes. However, they do tend to be a bit on the expensive side and will probably require a new mounting plate. I personally like the Givi cases a lot and use the same one on a number of my scooters. Personally, I would rather have too much space and not need it than not enough and routinely be wishing that I had more.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

How "large" is your K-max case? I thought they were 30 lt. which is on the small size for a topcase. If you don't like the look of a topcase or want something smaller than that, you might consider a roll bag.
mike932

Post by mike932 »

milk crate for the win. it stores a lot. you can even fit a large army duffel bag if you want even more space.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-La ... tual_color
dckick

Post by dckick »

Dooglas wrote:How "large" is your K-max case? I thought they were 30 lt. which is on the small size for a topcase. If you don't like the look of a topcase or want something smaller than that, you might consider a roll bag.
I think 30lt. It just looks and feels so large. I like the roll top idea or @cummingsjc milk crate idea. I just need a more aesthetically appealing milk crate.
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

mike932 wrote:milk crate for the win. it stores a lot. you can even fit a large army duffel bag if you want even more space.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-La ... tual_color
This, three bungees and a fourth for over the top to hold stuff in. I can do weekly shopping at Whole Paycheck for three people on the scoot. Doesn't lock, though, which is why I'm assuming you want a hard case.

EDIT: for aesthetically pleasing, go to an antique/vintage store and get an old coca cola or similar crate, clean it up, and shellac the heck out of it.
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
mike932

Post by mike932 »

Or just make a custom box out of plywood and paint it the same color as your scooter
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

milk crate...practicality over aesthetics; attached to rack with heavy duty cable ties; add cargo net 😉
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

kmrcstintn wrote:milk crate...practicality over aesthetics; attached to rack with heavy duty cable ties; add cargo net
I realize that milk crates have their fans :wink: . But if the OP does not like the bulky look of a 30 lt topcase, I don't see that a milk crate will solve the problem. We are talking about something smaller like a small roll bag, or nothing but a rack and a bungee cord.
dckick

Post by dckick »

What I really want is a front basket :cry: but the rear mesh basket will have to work.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

dckick wrote:What I really want is a front basket :cry: but the rear mesh basket will have to work.
the Prima metal crate is very aesthetically pleasing vs an ugly plastic crate (like I have) and I might switch over eventually...

https://www.amazon.com/Milk-Crate-Metal ... B003JO07C0
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
a2dmusic

Post by a2dmusic »

kmrcstintn wrote: the Prima metal crate is very aesthetically pleasing vs an ugly plastic crate (like I have) and I might switch over eventually...

https://www.amazon.com/Milk-Crate-Metal ... B003JO07C0
Anyone know the dimensions? Scooterworks says 13"L x 13"W x 9-3/4"H (though I see someone on amazon says the height is 12"). But I assume that's at the top, not the bottom since it appears SLIGHTLY tapered/trapezoidal.

Basically wondering if LPs would fit (properly cushioned) ;-)