Stella 4T vs. Buddy170

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Guff

Stella 4T vs. Buddy170

Post by Guff »

I'm looking to get rid of my Stella for a Buddy 170. How much of a power difference is there? I live in a hilly area of PA and the Stella just doesn't have what I want to climb the hills (I'm a bigger guy). I have a GT200 which is my go to, but I also want a smaller wheeled scooter to zip around on. Any info would be greatly appreicated.
skipper20

Re: Stella 4T vs. Buddy170

Post by skipper20 »

Guff wrote:I'm looking to get rid of my Stella for a Buddy 170. How much of a power difference is there? I live in a hilly area of PA and the Stella just doesn't have what I want to climb the hills (I'm a bigger guy). I have a GT200 which is my go to, but I also want a smaller wheeled scooter to zip around on. Any info would be greatly appreicated.
I have not owned a Stella 4T but I did have a brief fling with a vintage Vespa P200E. The difference between it and my 2012 Buddy 170i (sold to buy my 170i Hooligan) was like the difference between night and day. Yes, ditch your Stella ASAP and grab a 170i. You'll never look back.

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green