No more Stellas? Not for a while.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

No more Stellas? Not for a while.

Post by Syd »

Just saw this on ScooterFile: http://www.scooterfile.com/oems/genuine ... a-imports/

Hope LML can get back on their feet, or Bajaj does!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Sounds like LML has ceased production, so I don't suppose it matters what Genuine does.

https://www.scooterlab.uk/lml-scooter-f ... tice-news/
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

My dealer hasn't had any in a long time. The autos were extremely problematic. The new colors pastel colors are also very unpopular.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

hope there's plenty of spare parts in the supply chain since this might be permanent...
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

kmrcstintn wrote:hope there's plenty of spare parts in the supply chain since this might be permanent...
Depends on the model you are talking about.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

Dooglas wrote:
kmrcstintn wrote:hope there's plenty of spare parts in the supply chain since this might be permanent...
Depends on the model you are talking about.
all of them...
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

kmrcstintn wrote:all of them...
My point being that the 2T Stellas share many parts with P/PX series Vespas. The 4T and auto Stellas have few parts in common.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

is it possible to drop a 2 stroke into a 4T stella? how much of the frame had to be changed? :?:
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

EvilNerdLord wrote:is it possible to drop a 2 stroke into a 4T stella? how much of the frame had to be changed?
No. It is the area of the frame supporting the engine which is entirely different. (I suppose the true answer is that anything is possible - but, in this case, not easily)
Attachments
thTBU8BNR7.jpg
thTBU8BNR7.jpg (12.21 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Dooglas wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:is it possible to drop a 2 stroke into a 4T stella? how much of the frame had to be changed?
No. It is the area of the frame supporting the engine which is entirely different. (I suppose the true answer is that anything is possible - but, in this case, not easily)
well, if things get too bad for individual parts I suppose dropping in a crate engine would be the easiest way, Lifan has engines for honda cubs/supercubs they may start offering for these too considering LML had switched over to 4T in the star line in europe and asia.
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)